Sassy Grilled Cheese
Do you love grilled cheese? Me too. As a vegetarian some times I get into food ruts. Everytime I walk into the grocery store I buy the same things brussel sprouts, Annie's Mac and Cheese, and a frozen pizza. I've been working on switching it up lately so here is my favorite new receipes!
A Sassy Grilled Cheese is what I am calling it!
Here is what you need:
- Sour Dough bread
- Fontina cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Balsamic and olive oil
- Black pepper
- Basil or Rosemary
- Sea Salt
In the morning slice the mushrooms and put in a container with balsamic, olive oil, spices, and sea salt. Put in the fridge.
Ready for lunch? I always go and buy fresh made bread and ask for it to be thinly sliced. That way you are getting the best bang for your carbohydrates.
- Spread mustard on one slice
- Butter the bread
- Start sautéing the mushrooms
- Layer cheese on top of mustard
- After sautéing mushrooms for about 10 minutes drain oils and add to the grilled cheese stack
- Cook grilled cheese and enjoy!