Q: How can I casually wear a blazer in my everyday life?
Paige: To be honest I LOVE blazers. I used to wear them in high school and I'm sure people were like what is up with this chick?
I find that sometimes it is hard to wear a blazer and not feel over dressed. I feel this way all the time! Here are a couple of tricks I use to style a blazer in my everyday life:
- Pair with a lighter wash skinny jean. For some reason this helps so much and gives the outfit an instant cool factor. I don't know why, but trust me on this one.
- Finding a blazer that isn't bulky is KEY. The blazer I am wearing in this post has some serious stretch to it. The stretch factor makes a world of difference because it keeps the blazer from looking stiff on (also stay away from padded shoulders).
- Add jeans that have some distressed detail on the legs (see below)
- The top you choose to wear underneath should either be a tank top or really thin because a thick shirt can add to much bulk. Keep it clean cut.
- Find a blazer that you can style a million different ways. I have worn this blazer to interviews, work, dinner, and drinks with the girls.
Ladies I want to hear your style questions! Send me your biggest issues so I can get to work! Email me at email@example.com or DM me on Instagram @thestylepaige.co. Also, you can now find me on liketoknow.it